Monday, November 3, 2008

The Pregnancy Test

In the spring I caught a little bug. Some would call it little, my husband considered it a "you are crazy, what are you thinking?" bug. I was struck with the desire to get pregnant. I wanted to experience the wonder of life growing in me one more time. I wanted one more child to throw our family of four out of balance. Jeff was not on board with this desire. I didn't blame him. He is the guy in the trenches. He commits his every day to the enormous task of raising and training our girls to be the people that we want them to be. He keeps the house clean and prepares our every meal. From my perspective, carrying a baby is the easy part. Caring for and adding a new person to our family is not a decision to be taken lightly.

I yielded my desire to have another child to Jeff's desire for sanity. I did this happily and with full trust that if a family of five was in God's plan for us, God would make it happen. So I patiently waited, content with the outcome whatever it may be.

In July, Jeff's said the words that my heart was eager to hear. He wanted a baby. He felt confident in his ability to manage all the chaos that a baby would bring, ready for the adventure.

So here we are three months later. Three pregnancy tests later. God has called me to be patient once again. Our first two babies were conceived within a month of the notion crossing our minds. This time it was not so easy, but we trusted - confident that God's timing is perfect.

In October we got the answer we wanted. Our baby is growing. Our family is growing. Our love and fears and hopes grow right along with it. God willing, in June we will welcome a new member to our family. God willing.

15 comments:

pb&j in a bowl said...

Congrats!! I'm extremely happy for all of you.

Stephanie said...

Yay...so fun. Can't wait to follow along :)

morninglight mama said...

Yeah for you guys! I was told many, many times during my third pregnancy (which was definitely a surprise for us!), that "Three is the new two." So, come be 'fashionable' with us! :)

Rachel said...

Whooooooo!!

Congrats sweetie. Many blessings!!!

Just My Type said...

Congratulations! Looks like those $1.00 pregnancy tests are worth every cent.

Ashley said...

You go! I'm psyched for you...congratulations and kudos to Jeff for going another round with babies!

The Sports Mama said...

Awesome awesome awesome!!

So, are the girls totally thrilled to become big sisters??

Fine For Now said...

Yay! Congratulations!

ConverseMomma said...

Oh sweetie, I am so happy for you, and slightly sad for me. I may want another. I may....

AEH said...

OMG!!!!!!! That's SO exciting! Congratulations!! I'm very happy for you! ;)

OHmommy said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You will love love love love love the "baby" of the house. Tell Jeff that OHmommy says it is the one God put on earth for parent's to truly enjoy!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg... my word verification says 'mating" I kid you not. Whoa.

Karen MEG said...

congrats!!!

SuburbanDaddy said...

Congrats! I haven't stopped by since the summer but glad I did. Tell your hubby if he can handle two, another isn't much different.

Lisa said...

That is such wonderful news!!! Congrats to you & your growing family. Five will be perfect!!!!

louann said...

Congratulations!! I think this is great great news.

I haven't checked in on your blog in such a long time (my bad) and it was such a pleasant surprise to read this!!!