Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Preschool Logic

Anyone with kids knows that dinnertime can be a power struggle between the parent who strives to put a healthy meal on the table and the child who would prefer to eat something else. Last night Belle used her creativity to come up with a reasonable excuse not to eat her dinner.

Belle: I'm allergic to these foods I don't like.

Me (stifling laughter): Allergic?!? Honey, if you were allergic you would get red dots all over your body.

Belle (alarmed): Red dots!

Me: Yes, and you would sneeze...

Jeff: and cough

Me (to Jeff under my breath): Not symptoms she can fake!

Me (to Belle): ...and we would have to take you to the doctor. The doctor would give you a shot.

Belle: A SHOT!!!! I don't think I'm allergic anymore.

Yep, that's what I thought. Score one for Mommy.

9 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Still laughing.... :-)


Hallie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, score!

Irene said...

Very cute. I often find myself in a situation with my kids where I think I may be stuck for a good answer or reason for doing or not doing something, and suddenly I come up with a answer that stops them in their tracks. I swear it is divine inspiration. And you need that desperately as a mom sometimes!

OHmommy said...

Nice one Mommy! I am going to adopt that one. Thanks!!!

pb&j in a bowl said...

Awesome. I wish I had thought of it- long, long ago, before I gave in and now just feed her what I know she'll eat. Peanut butter and jelly stirred in a bowl.

lattemommy said...

Ooh! Smooth!

Kellan said...

Very funny - that shot threat will do it every time!

Rachel said...

Go mommy! I love it.
Princess told us she didn't like something. Hubby asked why? I don't know, I just think my tongue has issues with it.
*Thud*
How do you argue with a 4 year old's tongue issues?

LOL. THanks for the grins honey!

pb&j in a bowl said...

I did it- I used your "shot" threat and failed miserably. I wrote about it on my blog and linked to you.