Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Do I Deserve This?

The Sports Mama at You Don't Have to Like Me presented me with this award to say that she "less-than-three's" my blog. What the....?!?

This award makes much more sense if you pick up your monitor (or laptop) and flip in on it's side. Do you see it now? The pink heart of affection? Yep, she loves me, she really loves me! Thank you, Sports Mama. Your affection warms my heart.

I am feeling a little undeserving of the award. I haven't posted anything really good for almost a week. Am I being too hard on myself? Probably.

I am in awe of all the talented bloggers who visit me and read my words. Sometimes I feel the need to write something really great for you. I sit at my computer and try to post without success. Other times I am going about my day not thinking about my next post. It is then that my thoughts, feelings or experiences well up within me and beg to be recorded. I have come to realize that blogging is not something you do, it is something that happens. A really great post comes from the depths of your being and pours from your fingertips.

I would like to pass on this award to a couple of bloggers who's words flow from their heart. They keep me riveted to the computer screen and begging for another post, because each post is a little piece of them.

Don Mills Diva is a new blog that I have found. She has put me under her spell, and I love it.

When picking the next recipient of this award, I tried very hard to pick someone not on my fridge. I love all the people on my fridge, but I want to give recognition to other bloggers. I have to give this award to my fridge mate, Kelly at Ordinary Art. She so perfectly fits my criteria, that it would be inexcusable to give this to anyone else. Kelly, I love your blog and your honesty.

There many blogs that I love, and many reasons that I love them. Thank you all for sharing pieces of yourself and your families. I value the time that I get to spend reading your words.

7 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

Wow - thank you so much - I am truly honoured!

The Sports Mama said...

Trust me.... you TOTALLY deserved that award! :)

And I'm sooo with you on the amount of posting... if I'm thinking about it too hard, nothing appears. And really, I've put some posts out there that reflect that.... :)

Congrats!

ConverseMomma said...

I am so honored. The best thing about this award is that it comes from someone I truly admire, someone I would give the award right back to. I am so glad we have become friends because of our blogs. Thank you, sincerely.

OHmommy said...

I agree, TOTALLY deserved.

Don't you LOVE getting awards? It is nice to smile and feel all fuzzy. I still can't believe people READ my blog everyday. Let alone comment!

Anonymous said...

LOL. From what I've read so far- TOTALLY DESERVED. :) Matter of fact, I'm adding you to my blogroll now. :)

pb&j in a bowl said...

You deserve it very much. I always look forward to reading what you wrote.

louann said...

Congratulations =) When I first visited your blog, I really told myslf that I would definitley be back for more.

Blogginf just happens, I agree. It comes naturally. =)