Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Home, Sweet Home

We arrived home last night from our rather lengthly vacation. When we walked through our door Belle said to me, "My house! I thought I would never see it again!"

We had a wonderful time, rather than bombard you with all the details, I present...

Vacation Statistics:

We were in California for 11 days.
Drove 1753 miles with 2 kids and 2 dogs.
Visited with 24 different families in 8 towns.
And recorded the adventure with 1061 pictures on our new SLR digital camera

The drive home on New Years Day was accomplished on 3 hours of sleep, took 14 hours, and included 5 doses of cold medicine for the children.

I now have access to the internet, so I can sort through the 259 unread items in my Google Reader. I hope to start posting again soon, but for now I leave you with Picture number 857.








10 comments:

Fine For Now said...

WOW..that is a lot of driving and visiting! Glad you had a good time and you are back in your home. :o)

the lizness said...

That is a lot of visiting. Wow. And you still have sanity? :)

OHmommy said...

Awww, I am so glad you are back to post that sweet picture.

I love it that they have fallen in love with their home all over again.

Melissa said...

Wow. What great memories you must have ! :)

Irene said...

Wow, that was a LOT of traveling. I am not sure I could handle that, let alone my kids! Welcome back!

I LOVE that picture!!!!! So reminds me of my little princesses!!

Kellan said...

That was a great run down of what sounds like a really great trip - welcome home and Happy New Year. See you soon. Kellan

pb&j in a bowl said...

Glad you made it back safely. Now get back to blogging!!! :) Loved that picture, btw.

Mr Lady said...

I lurk around sometimes, and I just wanted to tell you that every family I have ever met with a stay home dad has been one of the finest families I've known. I love your choice. Good on dad and you!

Mamarazzi said...

that sounds like a super fun time. i love a good road trip. i am catching up on reading all of my favorite blogs so i am glad you don't have a million posts to read. i am finding that most people are playing catch up too...so you are in good company!

oh and that picture is precious!

Anonymous said...

Wow someone actually got out and about over the break? The most adventurous I was was when I went to the tip (dump, refuse facility, - whatever it is called in your part of the world) in thongs (the footwear, not the underwear - well maybe it was both but I'm not telling).
That and a Wiggles concert attended by us and 8000 other toddlers - I still start to shake when I think about it.