Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Daily Dose Award

I love blogging. Putting my thoughts and experiences into words brings me clarity. By sharing my heart, my family, my struggles and my dreams I have found fellow bloggers that I can visit daily from the convenience of my computer. As a working mom, the ability to be amongst other moms is essential to my basic needs. Just by turning on my computer I can get parenting advice, hear funny stories, be encouraged and hopefully be encouraging. These are all benefits I didn't expect.
And now I have received The Daily Dose award from Irene at The Green Greek .

Xandra, from Heart of Service created this award for blogs that must be read every day without fail . . . "They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog."

I am humbled.

Thank you Irene, for making me part of your Daily Dose and passing this wonderful award on to me.

Now, I'd like to give this award to blogs that are my daily dose. A couple of days ago I honored twelve of my daily injections by placing them on my fridge. There are a couple more that I tune in to and value. I would like to pass the Daily Dose award on to them.

  • PB&J In a Bowl who just missed being on my fridge by a hair. She amuses me with the stories starring her preschool aged daughter. She is about to turn 30, so head on over and show your support.
  • Nap Warden at The Chronicles of a SAHM is an amazing woman who has ran SIX marathons, so far. Can you say determination, perseverance and drive? She also provides web design services, chases 2 kids, and entertains the blogosphere.
Thank you ladies for giving me what I need each day.

8 comments:

Kellan said...

Congratulations on your award!! I also love PB&J's blog! Take care and I'll see you soon. Kellan

louann said...

Congratulations! You deserve this award =) I am so glad and happy I found you-- and your blog =)

Irene said...

Congratulations on your award. Definitely deserving!

I agree so much what you said about blogging. I am not a working mom, but I am a SAHM in a very rural area. In my little neighborhood there is literally NO ONE home during the day, every single neighbor works. And there are no other little ones running around (although one brand new neighbor, who I never actually met yet, is due to have her first in April). So there aren't even other parents around at all to share mom stuff with.

It can get very isolating here. My special needs daughter makes it very hard to even get out of the house during the day. Blogging has opened a whole new world to me, where I can meet and talk to moms around the world.

Such a wonderful resource!!!!

Mamarazzi said...

aww i HEART bloggy awards

...congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award. I do enjoy reading other mother's struggles and triumphs. Thanks for the daily dose.

Rachel said...

You absolutely deserve this!! You are a total every day read!!
Congrats to you and I love your choice of winners!
I adore both PB&J and Nap!! They're wonderful!!

pb&j in a bowl said...

AW! Shucks, I don't know what to say. . . Thanks. You are definitely one of my daily doses and I appreciate the recognition from such a great blogger.

Cynthia said...

Aren't you just the coolest! Thanks so much for the link love! Congrats, and thank you...