Friday, January 18, 2008

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

The Sports Mama at You Don't Have to Like Me tagged me with this latest meme. The objective is to post links to some of my older posts that didn't get much attention.

Thanks for this tag. The hardest part about starting a blog is writing posts without feedback. I am grateful for the readers I have today, and curious to see what they have to say about my earliest work.

Here's the rules I am to abide by:

Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you’ve written.

But there is a catch:
Link 1 must be about family.
Link 2 must be about friends.
Link 3 must be about yourself.
Link 4 must be about something you love.
Link 5 can be anything you choose.

Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be newer acquaintances so that you get to know each other better. Readers - don’t forget to read the archive posts and leave comments!

Okay here it goes.

Family - Little Miss Personality A delightful story about my Ariel's independence. This was the forth post I wrote, and if the comments are any indication it was read by one person.

Friends - Spy's Like Us This was a tough category. I don't often write about my adult friends. This post is about trying to meet the parents of Belle's preschool friends.

Me, Myself and I - Catch and Release I love to drive fast. I'm not to fond of being pulled over, but who is?

Something I Love - 12 Years of Dating, and this is what I get. Don't let the title fool you. This is about the two things I love most, my husband and date night.

Anything I Choose - What's in a Name? If you are wondering how Belle and Ariel got their blog names this post is for you.


Thanks for reading my past work.

Now who to tag.....?
Let's start with my new friends.
Don Mills Diva and Carrie, The Gremlin Wrangler

For the other three tags, I choose these writers who I haven't tagged before.
Buttermom at Classy Chaos, Kelly at Ordinary Art and Kellan at On the Upside

Consider this tag a statement of my love and respect. I enjoy reading your posts on a daily basis, and am excited to see what you pull out of your archives.

8 comments:

Kellan said...

It is 2:25 AM - I have gone out of town and just got on my computer and came over here to visit you -so I did not read your past posts yet - but I am going to come back tomorrow and read them. Thanks for tagging me for this meme - I love how this one pulls older posts that no one really ever got to see - thanks and I'll see you tomorrow. Kellan

carrie said...

What a neat meme! I'll be working on this one in a few days!

It's likely I've read some of your old ones, since I spent some time the other night perusing a bunch of them. I enjoyed your writing so much, I just kept going and going. I probably didn't leave any comments because I didn't want you to think I was some sicko internet stalker. Which I know is ridiculous, but that's me.

Thanks for the tag.

Marla said...

Very cool. I enjoyed reading some oldies.

Anonymous said...

Cool meme idea. It's a great way to introduce new readers to your blog. Good thinking to post that for the Blog Hopping Weekend. :)

Happy Hopping.

Lisa said...

awesome idea! I have tagged myself too.

Mamarazzi said...

cool meme, it was fun to poke through some old stuff!

A Man Among Mommies said...

Tagging old posts is a good idea... I just moved hosts and changed a bunch of stuff will have to keep that in mind...

A Little Blog Hopping...

"A Man Among Mommies" AMAM...

Don Mills Diva said...

Awesome - thanks for the tag and I will definitely do it this week. It's almost midnight but I will come back tomorrow and read all your posts as well.
Cheers!